19 November 2009

Am I writing propaganda?

Reading this definition:
"Propaganda is a form of communication aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. This is contrasted to impartially providing information."

Am I trying to influence people? Not really. I do this for myself. I don't care if people read this, although I do have fans. In fact, I am very pleased with who my fans are! That's part of the reason I blow off the booboisie.

I don't worry about blog ranking, prizes, or any of that guff.

I am doing this to let off steam.

The other point is that I can't persuade some people no matter how cogent my arguments. I could come up with the most definitive analysis of why the "individual rights" interpretation of the Second Amendment is bullshit, yet these people won't accept it.

It's the Michael Bellesiles/John Lott syndrome: Bellesiles is "all lies", yet Lott is "gospel".

Yeah, yeah, I still have more Michael Bellesiles apologia, but not here. The point I am making is that Bellesiles Arming America was trashed with a broad brush.

Somehow, I think reading Arming America is akin to having read The Satanic Verses. For those not in the know, The Satanic Verses was so hard to get through there was something called the "Page 19 Club" for anyone who could get past Page 19!

I am proud to say that I a member of that organisation!

On the other hand, I think a lot of people who trashed Arming America withouth having held a copy, let alone having read it.

And you are totally insane if you read all this post (not really)! But, it's not propaganda!