13 April 2008

Nature red in tooth and claw

Well, it sometimes happens when I am hunting squirrels in the park that someone says how disgusting it is. Today it was some escapee from a freak show (Lydia the Tattooed lady) who thought it was awful. Michael came to my defence pointing out that it is my nature to hunt. I am an animal and I hunt other animals. For the most part, Michael will keep my tendencies in check, but he sees no problem with my ratting.

While I look cute and fluffy, Chinese Cresteds have been ratters. We killed the rodents on board ships. Rodents are a problem in the city. Those cute squirrels can raise hell if they get in a house. Squirrels are just furry tailed rats.

Michael used to shoot the things when he was a kid living in the country, but now he gives them a fighting chance. Anyway, I am the one chasing the squirrel, not Michael. He allows it since he knows it gives me pleasure. It would give me more pleasure to kill the thing. I mean, this is what I do as part of my nature.

I would kill things to eat if I were in the wild. Just because Michael gives me a bowl of food doesn't get rid of my instinct.

Anyway, I am not sure what to do with these people, especially since they are usually PETA members. You know, the fuckheads who think vermin are cute.

Maybe we can hope they get rabies.