13 January 2008

Time shifting the News

I am thoroughly sick of hearing about the US election, especially since I think the candidates will be Huckaby v either Obama or Clinton. I do have to admit to enjoying Bill, but he had humour value. In some ways, Wes Clark reminds me of Bill Clinton, except he can keep his dick in his pants.

Anyway, I enjoy the internet, especially now that most of the short wave broadcasts have been abandoned by reputable broadcasting networks. The internet allows one to connect to other viewpoints. Although, sometimes it can be like wading through a sewer emptying out the Augean Stables (e.g., researching the Second Amendment).

NPR has become inundated with repetitive news (Iraq and the Elections). So, I am listening to the BBC news and Radio Nederland for non-US news. It's nice to get a variety of stories. For example, this story about an 88 year old pensioner who is doing ballet! It was fun listening to this man talk about his wanting to do ballet.

In the old days, NPR had a lot more variety, but I am not sure why they have cut down on the variety of their stories. I mean, it really was all things considered. Now its seems to be only Elections and Iraq considered. And they are considered until you are sick of it all.

So, I am finding that I am listening less and less to NPR and more to internet radio.

Maybe, NPR will return to its roots and start providing more diverse coverage.

No comments: