03 March 2010

Save BBC 6music & BBC Asian Network

We can save the BBC Asian Network which has a massive global audience.


Sign the petition at http://www.petition.fm/petitions/6musicasiannet/ and email srconsultation@bbc.co.uk and trust.enquiries@bbc.co.uk to complain about the closures.

If you are on facebook, become a fan of Save The BBC Asian Network!!!

The BBC will listen to public opinion regarding these closures. So, PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! contact the BBC and tell them to save these stations and listen to them via the Internet!

BBC Asian Network
BBC 6Music

3 comments:

Laci the Chinese Crested said...

A bit of a surprise. My unusual surname seemed to have gained a personal reply to my e-mail to the trust. Not so surprising, as it is shared by a few Beeb higher ups!

microdot said...

Garr, I am such a fan of the BBC...
I listen to am radio and shortwave, but I get a few BBC stations on LW as well. I love the BBC for the eccentric comedy programs it still broadcasts, the esoteric topics, the radio documentary...an almost lost art. I hear world music....
I have a love of radio that goes back to my early childhood in Detroit, when I inherited a big multi band radio that made me feel I was connected to the world...
I got blues from Chicago and country from Nashville and when I was 9, it was like interplanetary space travel.
I get the Asian Network on AM here in France....

Laci the Chinese Crested said...

It's much better on the internet as far as quality goes.

This is part of the reason for the World Service dying out as a short Wave service. The quality on the internet is far superior.

In fact, internet radio is fast becoming an alternative to those people stuck in various backwaters (e.g., the USA).