28 September 2006

Support for the Dogs of Britain...and humans who like to hunt as well

Master of Hounds
Connaught Square Squirrel Hunt
London
England
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Chinese Crested Powderpuff who enjoys the hunt of Squirrels (see attached picture) and who is descended from British Champion Chinese Cresteds. While I am quite proud of my British heritage, I have to admit that this ridiculous law makes me quite happy to live in the land of the Free and home of the Rebellion which separated our two great countries.

The activities of your organisation came to my attention through an Article in the Telegraph which stated that:

'The Hunting Act prohibits one from encouraging a dog to chase a squirrel. More than that, it is frightening that one's dog could be put down and one could be fined £5,000 for saying Go on Rover, get after it!.'

I am assuming that this absurdity comes from having a Labour government run by Tony the Weasel.

In fact, I am truly of the opinion that banning the act of hunting squirrels by dogs would be among the acts which were enumerated by the dissatisfied colonists had George III been mad enough to ban squirrel hunting. It would have made the top of the list and even stirred the heart of the most ardent Tory to the cause of independence from a mad British government as it has stirred Michael's and Mine.

If it were not for the other absurd law regarding quarantine, I would love to join you and your organisation in a hunt when my human companion travels to Britain to visit his mother. Alas, I am only able to give you my whole hearted support in your cause and will think of you as I enjoy the liberty granted by the Declaration of Independence.

This liberty is so strong that I can hunt Squirrels in Independence National Historical Park while my human companion is barred from exercising his right to carry a concealed handgun as enshrined in the Second Amendment!

The right for dogs to hunt squirrels is truly a God given right which no man shall infringe!

I remain yours truly,
Ms. Laci Boots

No comments: