16 January 2010

What really annoys me about gun cretins...

is the fact that they want to come and tell you their point of view, whether or not you want to hear it. And I have heard it all before.

It's pretty obvious that these people have not read or understood what I have written. It doesn't make much sense for me to waste my time repeating myself.

Of course, they will hammer in what they want to say.

I am sorry, but I have examined the subject of gun rights far more extensively than you have and some of the alleged "Second Amendment Scholars" out there have as well. I find that any right to arms outside of the context militia service (that is the body set up under the authority of the US Constitution Article 1, Section 8, Clauses 15 & 16) does not exist in the Second Amendment. Such a right can be found in State Constitutions (yet another reason that "incorporation" is ridiculous), but not in the Federal Constitution.

Additionally, don't come around here spouting shit you obviously haven't read, or understood, since if you did read it, you would have realised it shows that I am correct in my assertions that the Second Amendment is related to militia service (that is the body set up under the authority of the US Constitution Article 1, Section 8, Clauses 15 & 16). Or worse, you mention something that is completely unrelated to the Second Amendment or its history that shows you have a lack of comprehension of the topic.

To be quite honest, any comments the founders made about the "right to keep and bear arms" is most usually tied to a comment about the evils of a standing army. Unless you are seriously suggesting that the US adopt a Swiss style military system, the Second Amendment is pretty much a dead letter. And by that, I mean that you are seriously willing to dedicate your time to training and service in such an institution, you do not have a right to keep and bear arms.