10 October 2009

Why do you want to take my gun away from me?

Why do you want to take my gun away from me?

Hey, I don't mind you having guns. In fact, I hope you gun cretins all shoot yourselves and make the world a better place just like Melanie did. No, that's not hate, just a sincere desire to see a better world, which this will be without your sorry arses preventing proper gun laws from being adopted.

I don't want to take the guns away from responsible gun owners. Believe it or not, I have quite a collection of firearms that I keep unloaded and locked. In fact, I have no ammunition in my house!

I would give up my guns if need came to as I have not shot them in 6 years. One needs to practise to be effective in using a firearm: epecially in a self-defence situation.

On the other hand, I can ask you why you fear I would take your gun from you: do you have them to wage war against the government (see US Constitution Article III, Section iii Treason)? Are you an irresponsible gun owner?

What about my right to use a gun to defend myself? Well, if you want to keep a gun for "self-protection", I can't stop you. But you need to be realistic and keep in mind that you are far more likely to harm a family member or yourself than an intruder.

Melanie Hain unfortunately is indeed a good example of what can happen to people who keep firearms for self-defence.

Most stories of defensive gun use are anecdotal rather than based in fact. US department of Justice Statistics show that defensive gun use is actually very rare. Effective Defensive Gun Use very rare.

Any right you have to a firearm would come under a state constitutional provision, not the US Constitution, especially the Second Amendment.

Unfortunately, Federal law trumps state law per Article VI: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.